State Accountability Performance Standards and RatingsThe 2017 campus and district ratings are based on a system that uses various indicators to provide greater detail on the performance of a district or charter and individual campuses throughout the state. The performance index framework includes four areas:
Summary of 2017 Accountability Rating SystemTo meet state statutory requirements, the Texas Education Agency's state accountability system must assign ratings that designate acceptable and unacceptable performance for campuses and districts. Districts and campuses are assigned a rating that is based on meeting a target for each performance index.
- Student Achievement: Provides a snapshot of performance across all subjects.
- Student Progress: Measures year-to-year student progress by subject and student group.
- Closing Performance Gaps: Tracks advanced academic achievement of economically disadvantaged students and the lowest performing racial/ethnic student groups.
- Post-secondary Readiness: Emphasizes the importance of earning a high school diploma that provides students with the foundation necessary for success in college, the workforce, job training programs, or the military.
Index 1, Student Achievement: 60Index 2, Student Progress: 5th Percentile by Campus TypeElem. SchoolsMiddle SchoolsHigh Schools
- Met Standard: Indicates acceptable performance and is assigned to districts and campuses that meet the target on all required indices for which performance date is available.
- To receive the Met Standard rating in 2017, districts and campuses must meet the performance index rating on the following indices: Index 1 OR Index 2 AND Index 3 AND Index 4.
- Improvement Required: Indicates unacceptable performance and is assigned to districts, campuses, charter operators, and alternative education campuses (AECs) that do not meet the targets on all required indexes for which performance data is available.
- 2017 index targets are as follows:
District 32 30 17 22Index 3, Closing Performance Gaps:Elem. SchoolsMiddle SchoolsHigh Schools District 28 26 30 28Index 4, Post-Secondary Readiness:Elem. SchoolsMiddle SchoolsHigh Schools District 12 13 60 602017 State Accountability Ratings for Elgin ISD and CampusesClick on the following links for more information:
- 2017 Overall District and Campus Ratings
- 2017 Accountability Summaries
- Booker T. Washington Elementary School
- Elgin Elementary School
- Neidig Elementary School
- Elgin Middle School
- Elgin High School
- Phoenix High School
- Elgin Independent School District
- 2017 Campus Index Calculations and Data Tables